Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases (at no extra cost to you). Learn More
You cannot leave a car seat cover without washing it for two months, especially when you cruise regularly with it. In such a situation, you will have to remove the car seat cover, wash, allow to air dry, and then fix it back. Due to the time it will take for a car seat to air dry, many people are worried if they could use a dryer for a car seat cover.
It is not encouraged to use a dryer for a car seat cover. Though using the dryer might save you time, but considering the side effect, you will likely drop the idea.
The car seat cover has a size that fits perfectly for your car seat, it might likely shrink when you use a dryer for it. Read on for more information in this guide.
Why can’t I put a car seat cover in the dryer?
It is likely you will be in a hurry when you wash a car seat cover and you would like to get it dry quickly. Although the dryer would dry the car seat cover quickly, it might likely affect the car seat cover. Highlighted below are some of the reasons why you should not use a dryer for your car seat cover.
- It might ruin the seat cover: When you use a dryer for a car seat cover, the car seat cover might shrink. When this happens, it will become difficult for you to wear the seat cover back on your car seat. Also, depending on the material for the seat cover, the dryer could damage the seat cover and it will not be fit for use again.
- Against instruction: When you check your car seat cover, there is an instruction on how you should wash it. Using a dryer is against most car seat instructions. You should check your car seat cover before you decide to put it in a dryer.
- Difficulty in fixing again: It is likely you encounter challenges when you want to fix the seat cover on your car seat. The edges could get shrink, it then becomes a bit difficult to have the seat cover fixed properly again.
- Additional expenses: It is likely you spend money frequently on car seat cover when you use a dryer for it. The seat cover might not fit for the car seat again and you will have to spend money to get another one.
What can I do to avoid using the dryer for the seat cover?
When you are in a hurry to dry the seat cover, the dryer will quickly get it fixed but it might likely ruin the seat cover. You might be in a situation and the only option will be the dryer. However, you can avoid such a situation. Here is a list of what you can do to avoid using the dryer for your car seat cover.
- Wash when you have time: You are likely in a hurry and you might decide to use the dryer for the seat cover. You can avoid being in such a hurry situation by washing the car seat cover when you have time. You should allow the car seat cover to air dry.
- Do not wash during the wet season: You will likely be tempted to use the dryer for the seat cover during the wet season because of the weather. Nevertheless, you should avoid washing the seat cover during the wet season, if possible.
- Have alternatives: If you cruise the road often with different passengers. You will likely the car seat cover will get dirty easily. In such a situation, you likely wash the car seat often. To avoid the temptation of using the dryer for the seat cover, you can have an alternative seat cover. When you wash one seat cover, you will fix the other seat cover on your car seat.
- Why Do Pilot Seats Always Have Sheepskin Covers?
- How Do I Stop My Leather Seats From Sliding?
- Should I Wash Car Seat Cover Before Use?
- What Size Staples For Motorcycle Seat Cover?
Reasons why you need a car seat cover
The interior of any car is very important. Though your car seat might be neat and attractive, a seat cover is also needed to enhance the look of the interior. Highlighted below are some of the reasons why you need a seat cover in your car.
- Increased lifespan: Exposing your car seat to dirt and other sharp materials could quickly damage the car seat. When you have a seat cover, dirt and other sharp objects will only damage the seat cover, thereby increasing the lifespan of the car seat.
- Easy to maintain: It might not be easy for you to maintain and clean the car seat. When you have a car seat cover, it will be easy for you to remove the seat cover, wash it and fix it back on the car seat.
- Enhanced look: The interior of your car might be beautiful. With a car seat cover, you can enhance the look of the interior of your car. In addition, if you select the right size and colour for your car, the interior of the car will be more attractive.
- Protect the car seat: A car seat cover will take all the dirt, liquid substances and other sharp objects that could damage the car seat cover.
Maintenance tips for a car seat cover
There are many reasons for you to have a car seat cover in your car. You should maintain the car seat regularly so that it will be neat and attractive. Highlighted below are some of the ways you can maintain a car seat cover.
When you fix a car seat properly, the edges will be neat and attractive. This will protect the seat cover from getting damaged easily.
The car seat adds to the beauty of your car and it protects the car seat. You should not leave it without regular cleaning. This will increase its lifespan and prevent dust from settling on it. It is recommended that you wash the seat cover at least once in two months.
Do not machine wash
When you check the instruction for most car seat cover, you likely see it on the instruction that you do not wash the car seat cover in a machine.
Check cleaning material
You should check the cleaning materials you will use for the seat cover. Do not use detergents that have bleaching substances in them. This might ruin the colour of the seat cover.
Avoid dirty and liquid substances
The car seat would get dirty quickly when you bring food and other liquid substances into the car. If possible, you should not eat in the car. In addition, you can use the can holder in your car if you must bring liquid substances into the car.
Follow the instruction
You should check the instruction on every car seat cover. More maintenance tips on the car seat cover will be stated there.
Using a dryer for the seat cover could ruin it. It is recommended that you allow the seat cover to air dry.
Effects of car seat cover
When you have a seat cover in your car, it will not only enhance the beauty of the interior of your car, it will also protect the original seat of the car.
However, it is likely you encounter some difficulties when you use a seat cover. Read on for the effects of the car seat cover.
- Expensive: Buying a car seat cover for your car could be a huge expense, especially when you intend to buy a quality seat cover that will fit perfectly for your car. In addition, depending on the material of seat cover you want to buy, you might spend more buying a sheepskin cover or leather seat cover.
- Risky: Car manufacturers are bothered about your safety, therefore, they have included some safety measures in the car. One of the safety features in a car is the airbag. It is usually in different locations in the car. In recent times, the manufacturers have also included airbags in the car seat. When you use a seat cover for such a seat that has an airbag in your car, it is likely it prevents the airbag from functioning when there is a need for it.
- Maintenance: The car seat is prone to getting dirty easily. It becomes an additional task for you to maintain the seat cover, especially when it has foam in it.
- Sliding: Have you ever sat in a car and noticed that the seat is sliding. It is likely you begin to feel uncomfortable when you sit in a car that has a seat cover.
- Less attractive: Selecting the right colour and size for your seat cover is very important. The interior of the car could be less attractive when you use a seat cover that doesn’t match the colour of the interior of your car.
Can I Put Car Seat Cover In Dryer – Conclusion
You will likely get the car seat cover damaged when you use a dryer for it. It is recommended that you air dry the seat cover.